The Indian economy is in the mode of globalization and liberation and thus in need to develop skilled personnel in appropriate numbers with adequate skills, in consonance with the requirements of the ultimate users such as industries and service sectors. Many Best course in iti is done by Industrial Training Institutes, well known by its their abbreviated form “ITI”.
ITIs were first started in 1969 with the aim of promoting industrialization in India. The largest share of jobs in India is perhaps from unorganized sectors. As small enterprises have been the forerunner in generating employment, it was decided to develop the skills for these sectors.
In the beginning there were only some traditional industrial trades like fitter, machinist, welder etc. in which training was provided. But with the rise of service sector, trades like hospital management, retail management etc. were added later for training. The vocational training system of India offers training through ITIs (government institutes) and ITCs (private institutes).There are about 12000 such institutes in the country.
Reasons to join ITI
1. The main aim of ITI is to provide employment to weaker sections of the society. Most of the skill training programmers are too costly to afford and lengthy in terms of duration besides requiring higher educational qualifications. Easing these conditions, ITI is basically designed to offer skills to those who cannot afford expensive training.
2. It caters the need of those who didn’t get a chance for higher education. That is the reason that the minimum educational qualification for admissions in ITIs is matric, high school or intermediate. It is also a suitable alternative for those, who are inclined to technical education or who wanted to earn at an early age.
3. ITI is one of the vocational training institutes in India whose NCVT certificate is recognized throughout world as it is certified by ILO (International Labor Organization). So the workers can apply anywhere globally on the basis of this certificate. In India, government is its being contemplated to make mandatory for industries to employ only the ITI certified workers. This will increase the employment chances to a larger extent. There are many iti course is best for job.
4. Schemes like PPP (Public Private Partnership), World Bank and Domestic Funding are aimed to improve the infrastructure and standard of organizations and institutes. The same is being applied in some of the ITI’s where one of the trade is taken as Coe (Centre of Excellence) with state of the art facilities. The students are exposed to related latest machinery and software’s which help them gain quality education. The selection of trades in Coe is done according to the local requirement of the region that increases the employment possibilities in the local or adjoining regions. This is mainly helpful for girls as they are reluctant to move to faraway places for a job.
5. The ITIs arrange for the campus interviews of students from different streams. Barring a few students, most of them get selected by the companies.
6. ITI Courses for Girls, The syllabus of different trades in ITI is designed keeping in mind the needs of different industries. The students are given accurate and detailed knowledge of the trades where they learn to operate machines, maintain the machines and rectify their defects. The stress is given on the practical training instead of theoretical study. It helps students to grasp the knowledge easily and imbibe it in a more clear way for longer period of time.
7. Even the timings for study are of eight hours per day in accordance with the factory rules. This way the industries don’t have to waste their time and money in training workers. The advantage of this work-based policy is that after completing the training, the students easily get absorbed in the factory atmosphere and are more productive.
8. Every batch consists of 16 to 21 students only, thus, guarantee the students to receive full attention during training.
9. The students have a broad field of trades to choose from depending upon their interest. At present, there are approximately 300 trades being run by ITIs for technical and non-technical sectors and the number of trades is continuously increasing with time.
10. Rajasthan ITI College List: One more reason that makes ITI successful is that the medium of teaching is optional and the student could take the exam in either English or Hindi. As English is not our mother tongue, many people face difficulty in expressing themselves in this language. Thus, the language barrier doesn’t impede the growth of students in ITI’s. What matters here the most is the skill of the person.